Chunheng Jiang is a Computer Science PhD of RPI and a Rensselaer-IBM AIRC (Artificial Intelligence Research Collaboration) Research Extern. He will join Google as a Machine Learning Engineer in August of 2022. He has a solid background in Network/Graph Science and Deep Learning. Also, he is interested in information retrieval, recommendation, optimization and data visualization. He has involved in diverse projects ranging from network inference, machine learning, network control to airline/highway traffic congestion to nuclear reaction networks and boiling crisis in nuclear reactors. Their collaboration works have been published in high-quality conferences (AAAI, IJCAI) and journals (Scientific Reports, New Journal of Physics).
May 2016 - May 2022: PhD, Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
May 2016 - May 2018: MS, Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Sep 2011 - Jul 2014: MS, Applied Mathematics, Southwest Jiaotong University
(1) Chunheng Jiang, Tejaswini Pedapati, Pin-Yu Chen, Yizhou Sun, Jianxi Gao. Neural Capacitance: A New Perspective of Neural Network Selection via Edge Dynamics, Preprint at https://arxiv.org/abs/2201.04194, 2022.
(2) Chunheng Jiang, Boleslaw Szymanski, Jie Lian, Shlomo Havlin, and Jianxi Gao. Nuclear Reaction Network Unveils Novel Reaction Patterns Based on Stellar Energies, New Journal of Physics, 2021.
(3) Xiang Niu, Chunheng Jiang, Jianxi Gao, Gyorgy Korniss, and Boleslaw Szymanski. From Data to Complex Network Control of Airline Flight Delays, Scientific Reports, 11, 18715, 2021.
(4) Xiang Niu, Christopher Brissette, Chunheng Jiang, Jianxi Gao, Gyorgy Korniss and Boleslaw K. Szymanski. Heuristic Assessment of the Economic Effects of Pandemic Control, Scientific Reports, 11, 7645, 2021.
(5) Chunheng Jiang, Jae-wook Ahn and Nirmit Desai. Acoustic Environment Transfer for Distributed Systems, In SEC-2020: The 5th IEEE/ACM Symposium on Edge Computing, IEEE, 2020.
(6) Chunheng Jiang, Jianxi Gao, and Malik Magdon-Ismail. Inferring Degrees from Incomplete Networks and Nonlinear Dynamics, in Proceedings of the 29th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2020), 2020. Oral. Acceptance Rate: 12.6%. (slides)
(7) Chunheng Jiang, Jianxi Gao, and Malik Magdon-Ismail. True Nonlinear Dynamics from Incomplete Networks, in Proceedings of 34th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2020), 2020. Oral. Acceptance Rate: 20.6%.
(8) Jun Wang, Sujoy Sikdar, Tyler Shepherd, Zhibing Zhao, Chunheng Jiang and Lirong Xia. Practical Algorithms for STV and Ranked Pairs with Parallel Universes Tiebreaking, in Proceedings of 33rd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2019), 2019.
(9) Chunheng Jiang, Sujoy Sikdar, Jun Wang, Lirong Xia, and Zhibing Zhao. Practical Algorithms for Computing STV and Other Multi-Round Voting Rules, in EXPLORE-2017: The 4th Workshop on Exploring Beyond the Worst Case in Computational Social Choice, 2017.
(10) Chunheng Jiang and Wenbin Lin. DEARank: A Data-envelopment-analysis-based Ranking Method. Machine Learning, 2015, 101: 415 – 435.
(11) Zhongyou Pei, Chunheng Jiang, and Wenbin Lin. Random Walks on the Bipartite Graph for Personalized Recommendation, in 2013 International Conference on Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (ICCSAI 2013), Yuetong Lin and Gabriel Alungbe, Eds., Chengdu, China, 2013, 97 – 102.
Network Science and Artificial Intelligence
(1) Aug 2020 - Present : Dynamical System View of Neural Network Training, Rensselaer-IBM AI Research Collaboration (AIRC), Research Extern | Python, TensorFlow
(2) Jun - Aug 2020 : Acoustic Environment Transfer, IBM/Summer Research Intern | Python, TensorFlow
(3) Aug 2018 - May 2020 : Inferring True Dynamics from Incomplete Networks, RPI/Research Assistant | Python, Scikit-learn, MPI
(4) May - Aug 2018 : Online Early Warning Signals of Highway Traffic Breakdown, RPI/Research Assistant | Python, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow
(5) May - Aug 2017 : Multiround Winner Determination, RPI/Research Assistant | Python, Java, TensorFlow, Keras
(6) Sep - Dec 2016 : Matching Algorithm for OKCollege (now CollegeAI), RPI/Research Assistant | Java, Python, Keras
(7) May - Aug 2016 : Learning to Vote Fairly, RPI/Research Assistant | Java, Deeplearning4j
ICML 2022, TheWebConf 2021, NetSci 2020, NetSci-X 2020, NERCCS 2019, COMPLEX NETWORKS 2018 ~ 2021, SciSec 2018
A COMPLETE LIST OF COURSES BEING TAKEN
Mountain Biking, PingPong / Frédéric François Chopin, Michael Jackson, Charlie Chaplin, Freddie Mercury, Maksim Mrvica / Akira Kurosawa, Hayao Miyazaki, One Piece, The Phantom of the Opera